What to do with that old piano

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 18:40:58 MST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 4:43 PM, Michelle Smith <michelle at smithpianoservice.com>
wrote:

>  Hi all.  I was at a client's house today and she had this hanging on the
> wall.  Pretty cool!
>

> Michelle Smith
>
> Smith Piano Service
>
> Bastrop, Texas
>
> (512) 466-0238
>
> michelle at smithpianoservice.com

Hi Michelle,

Very unique! Another thing you see often are the top parts of the old pump
organs that have been made into wall hangings or added to desks, tables etc.
to "dress them up". I always recognize them right away but discovered that
many people weren't aware of where they came from originally. They had never
seen a fully decked out pump organ and weren't aware of the top parts with
the ornate carvings, shelves, mirrors etc. that seperated from the body of
the organ itself.
If you know what you're looking for they aren't hard to spot.
Thanks for sharing your little piece of art,
Mike

--
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging
their prejudices.
email mike at ifixpianos.com