Rwas green keytops now New Baldwin

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Thu Dec 13 06:11:05 MST 2007

----- Original Message -----
> No , but they have a really cool color for the "Stealth Action"
> Tom Driscoll

Is that a Baldwin or a Kawai? Is Baldwin using ABS action parts?

Terry Farrell

Ha!  If only. The parts are stained a deep blue-black. That way the
salesperson can point out the difference-advantage of its "Stealth"
qualities.
	Joking aside, a dealer friend of mine has taken on the "new" Baldwin
line with some from China, some from here.
 I know Baldwin has taken some well deserved collective lumps from our club
but I hope they can keep the U.S. plant going.
	I met with the Rep and he said Baldwin has put their behind in the
past---ooops ---I mean put their past behind them and offered full support
from the factory on any problems.
	We will see, because the first piano had excessive key dip, a broken
action bracket,and  Yamaha like knobs securing the action to the plate that
once removed (With difficulty)were almost  impossible to get back in.
Glue on the bass strings with several rattlers that did not respond to
twisting.Poor part spacing -regulation.
	I'm sorry to report that to this date the Chinese verticals are
easier to prep and play and sound better than the U.S. counterparts.
Keep you posted as the U.S. made grands are on the way.

	Tom Driscoll