baldwin k

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Dec 13 10:20:07 MST 2007

> - so how do you fix it?
>
> Noah Haverkamp

I tried to finish breaking it so it would quit moving. The
piano needs rebuilt again, and a new soundboard. They're
trying to decide whether they want it rebuilt, or replaced
with new, so spending money on repairs at this point is to be
avoided. I hammered the counter bearing as flat as I could to
finish it off. A couple of iterations of tuning and hammering
got it killed to the point it shouldn't move much now. There
is still enough counter bearing to work.

Ron N