winter spinet

Noah Haverkamp noahhaverkamp at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 13:04:39 MST 2007

Why? Because I intend to keep my wife, my only one, for atleast one lifetime. I wonder if there's a connection between superfluous trash and divorce rates? If something can be fixed, and it serves a valuable purpose, then it should be fixed. I own a 1935 Winter spinet and have no problems with it. I recently did some work on and sold a 1949 Winter spinet and the owner is delighted. Our society's preoccuapation with "if it's broke, don't fix it" is like a disease.

Noah Haverkamp
Know-a Piano
http://www.knowapiano.com
347-308-0094
Fax: 718-701-2071
I agree with you Noah but for  a different reason. I began my career as a piano tech almost 39 years ago we rebuilt a Steinway grand in class at the course I took. I didn't see or touch another Steinway for 15 years afterward but instead worked primarily on old uprights, spinets and consoles. I had promised myself when I began that I wouldn't become a piano"snob" but instead work on whatever came my way. I have adhered to that promise ever since. I educate my customers, I explain the he good and bad points of their pianos if they want to proceed, I'll do the work. It all spends the same.
 Mike

-interesting Mike, but how do our reasons exactly differ?

Noah Haverkamp
Know-a Piano
http://www.knowapiano.com
347-308-0094