Tuning in China

baoli liu baoli_liu at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 16:02:37 MST 2007

There are approximate 20 piano tuning school and piano
technology Major established in recent seven years.the
number of tuners has been increasing dramatically and
it will probably doubled again within five to ten
years.

there is still a shortage of techs,especially
experienced one.most of the tuners are young boys or
girls.

the average tuning fee(basic tuning plus pitch raise
if needed) is about 150-200 yuans(25 us dollars).some
young students charge much less than average.

Baoli Liu,rpt
a Chinese tech working in US