winter spinet

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:03:03 MST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 2:24 PM, William R. Monroe <pianotech at a440piano.net> wrote:

>  Noah,
>
> I think the point David was making was (in so many words): if you are
> happy with your Winter, great.  But for most folks with the technical
> knowledge of pianos combined with a desire for musicality - a Winter will
> not do.  Lipstick on a pig, as it were.  Further, when someone has to hire
> me to do work on a Winter,  basically everything we do exceeds the value of
> the instrument.  The client must understand that, and if that's OK, then, as
> Mike Magness said, [it all spends the same].

I bet nobody else on the list had the opportunity I had today.  I tuned TWO
Winter spinets.  WooHoo!  And get this...the serial number on the first was
326129.  The serial on the second was 326128. (They were both in the same
church.)  Dang, if I could only have tuned them in the right order!

And so far this week I've tuned four P22s.  Three in a row Tuesday, and one
today. Talk about monotony....

(I jus' work for Vizzini to pay the bills.)

--
JF

www.teaparty07.com