On the 15th day of December...

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Dec 14 15:01:25 MST 2007

Hi Anon :)

    OK.  If you really want line one to rhyme with the original, and
    "parched" is acceptable:
    .. and a parched bridge and action verdigris (?!?!?)
    Anon.

Ooooo... very close... meter is just a tad off... workable tho..
Parched bridge is perfect IMB.. and about the only thing I can think of
that rhymes with Tree is either versdigris or key.... so I suppose its
got to be one or the other...

Course... we could go a bit off the beaten path and say something like...

    With a parched bridge that smells like cat pee !  :)

For the moment tho... we go with the tabled suggestion !  Tho Robs Cents
flat has to get worked in somewhere... 20 perhaps.. We have then... :

On the 15th day of December a piano came to me

   With fifteen butts a-bounding
   Fourteen wobbly whippens
   Thirteen coins a-clinking,
   Twelve tubby bass strings,
   Eleven  jacks a-jumping,
   Ten grungy grommets,
   Nine brittle bridles,
   Eight damaged dampers,
   Seven fractured flanges,
   Six errant elbows,
   Five broken strings !
   Four coats of paint,
   Three warped posts,
   Two pedals bent,
   With parched bridge and action verdigris !

Cheers
RicB