QRS Sustain Pedal

itunepiano at aol.com itunepiano at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 18:59:48 MST 2007

The QRS pianomation system has a threaded rod? as part of the sustain mechanism.? There is a nut on the rod for adjustment.? Some installations do not have a lock nut to prevent this adjustment from changing.? The nut will turn with normal pedaling and eventually result in no sustain when pressing the pedal.? I've seen this on some factory installations, as well as some aftermarket installations.?? I'd advise checking for a lock nut on all QRS pianomation equipped pianos to save yourself a call back for an non-working sustain pedal.? The threaded rod in question is located on the back side of the lyre and disappears into the solenoid cover.? You can't miss it.? Bob.