Aluminum Box Beam Load Bearing Properties

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Dec 14 23:36:09 MST 2007

An aluminum pneumatic rib press.  Two aluminum box beams (upper and lower)
held together by vertical pieces of aluminum angle "iron" with room for a
single 2x4 cut into the shaped caul between which the rib, soundboard panel
and pneumatically operated hose would go.  Nice and light and easily
storable.  Just trying to figure out how big the box beam needs to be, 1.5"
wide is all I need in that dimension so the key, as it always is with beams,
is the height.  The caul would add a bit of stiffness to the assembly as
well.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com