$300,000 Chickering!

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Dec 18 13:10:45 MST 2007

Ja,  I thought something was fishy about the picture this was displayed
in.  Even if it was the presidential piano... 300 grand for a restored
job is only worth it if the work was done by all the absolute best
standards in the industry... artisan work at its very best. The picture
didnt exactly inspire that perspective....  I hope one of our Florida
folks can find time to check it out.

Cheers
RicB

        Wouldn't a $300k piano deserve better than a single photo
        snapped by a
        low-quality camera phone?

        I wouldn't buy something for $300 with that kind of care and
        attention
        put into the ad. I've found there is often a correlation between
        the
        quality of the listing and the what to expect from the seller.

    Richard Brekne wrote:
     > Did you notice the lettering on the poster directly behind the
    piano ?
     > http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/clt/511867000.html
     >

     > One has to wonder about the setting this piano is in... hehe...
    fully