a ltitle help/off topic

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:26:47 MST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 4:51 PM, Marcel Carey <mcpianos at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think stopping on a highway and then trying to get going while merging
> with traffic is WAY MORE DANGEROUS than just speaking on the cell phone.

That's a good point.

Now if you're one of these who are trying to write, speak and smoke without
> the hands free, then you're a real public danger. And I do see some of these
> on the road.

And then there are always folks who just shouldn't be driving with or
without a phone.  I really think it's more about the person, not necessarily
the device he is holding.  I don't think

> There is talk about prohibiting cell phone conversations here in Québec.
> It's not a law yet, but I'll bet it's not far.
>
> I thought that when I'd be grown up I'd be free... I guess the government
> here is trying a little too hard to play mom...

It's getting worse here in the States as well.  Well-intended (perhaps), but
certainly unintended and negative consequences.  I wonder when we will
realize there are risks against which one cannot be protected.  It's part of
life.  Just let us live and die, please.  :-)

--
JF