SAT Battery Question

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Tue Dec 18 17:32:35 MST 2007

use 4 AA size batteries connected in series for a total of 6 volts.  Well stocked electronic supply stores often have industrial application batteries that have little soldering tabs on each end so that you can easily connect them.  In mine I put the entire collection of loose batteries inside a sleeve of heat shrink tubing to squeeze them tight together. Then I use a little PVC-E to secure the whole package to the inside of the case.  As a substitute you could also use replacement rechargeable phone batteries, (home phones, not cell phones).  There are some phones that use 4 AA batteries so they are ready to go.  You will need to cut off the little socket-type connector they come with and tie the wires together with the SAT.  Be sure to get NiCad rechargeables, not NiHd.  They charge differently and are not interchangeable.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

List... I took the Radio Shack rechargeable batteries out of my SAT a few
weeks ago and I was just about to get replacements and I can't remember how
many there were! (I soldered them together originally). I assume it's 9
volts divided by the 1.2 volts per battery (8) but can anyone confirm that?
I'm using Radio Shack part #23-125A 1.2 volt 700ma batteries.
Thanks in advance. I hope everyone has a nice Christmas. Hey Ric... maybe on
the 19th day of Christmas my Parson will come to me with a new SAT 3 and a
new pack of batteries... for free. Na.
Larry Trischetta