??Puzzler??

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Dec 19 04:24:39 MST 2007

Joe And Penny Goss wrote:

> During a rebuild at a piano tech teaching inst.
> Someone left out the felt at the top of the dowel that connects the sos.
> rod.

I did that just for you, Joe, since I know that there ARE sostenudos in
Idaho. (I checked in IF, in July)

> Every now and then allowing the dowel to push the rod into the tabs.
> As Conrad clearly described.
> Joe Goss RPT

I had one where the clamp plate and screw were completely missing.  If
there hadn't been a well established groove and a well leaning post, it
wouldn't have worked at all, let alone all three times in piano
literature where it is called for. ;-}

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076