odd things in e-mails

Scott Jackson ScottWayneJackson at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:03:08 MST 2007

A couple of things would help Marshall and others. If people could be
persuaded to just send plain text messages to the group, with no formatting,
then all the mark-up code would be removed. Such a request has been made
many times over the years, but people either through ignorance or arrogance
refuse to do it.

I know that a lot of software does not make it easy to do these days. I am
writing this with an old version of MS Outlook, and all that I have to do is
select Format, Plain Text from the menu. Many people will not know what we
are talking about, as their mail program just displays the formatted
message, but do spare a thought for those using different software. I see
the problem myself if I try to read the digest version using Hotmail. Dean,
do you realise that all that stuff is being sent with every email?

I guess that the other issue is that our archives are consuming at least
twice as much disk space as they need to. Marshall, I don't think that you
are doing anything wrong. What email program are you using?

Scott Jackson