Wisdom of pulling/epoxying non-speaking portion bridge pins ???

Prof. Euphonious Thump lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 18:19:18 MST 2007

      On this 1902 Ivers and Pond upright, pretty much
all the speaking-length bridge pins had small cracks
emanating from them,  and so I'm pulling them, and
epoxying in new ones.
    But the ones on the far side of the bridge are
almost crack-free, and I'm questioning the wisdom of
my pulling them out ( I have to clamp a vise-grip on
them and twist them out--they're in there pretty
solidly! ) and gluing in new ones.
    How important is absolute rigidity/tightness/ and
uniformity with the speaking length pins ???
Am I wasting my time ? Causing more harm than good,
perchance ???
   Thanks!
   Thump

P.S. Would some super-thin CA , dripped around their
bases be adequate, to make me feel like I 'did
something" ???