A Christmas present from Edvard Grieg

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Dec 21 00:06:00 MST 2007

Hi Kent

I hope to be able to put a small segment of the music that was just
recorded with the instrument at 436 on soon.  The comparison of how the
instrument sounds at a lower pitch to the recording below would be
interesting I think.  Unbelievable project they are doing... in 5 weeks
they got 15 minutes of finished CD material. Thats because they have old
wax roles of Edvard Grieg himself playing and are emulating his style as
closely as possible. They pick the old recordings apart literally phrase
for phrase.  The TV link I posted a couple days back has a very short
segment with the pianist Sigurd Slattebrekk playing... but its a TV
camera microphone picking up the sound so its not exactly the best
recording.... still you can hear a different sound picture from the
instrument.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas
RicB

        Thanks for the link. I thoroughly enjoyed listening.

        Kent