22nd day of xmas

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Dec 23 04:47:55 MST 2007

Hi Noah... I tend to agree  :)  change enacted.  Davids post has been up
a few times by several through the month so far.  Conrad Hohfhammer :-)
goes even farther which I think we will agree on for next year. We drop
all the numbers from day to day... just leaving the day number in the
opening line for each day.. drop all pretense of similar rhyme with the
original 12 days song... and more or less stick to the meter of the
original.

Day 23 has come........ hmmmmm. I'm not exactly happy with day 21 or
22... the extra syllable in the day number causes problems....

Cheers
RicB

    Better still...20 wretched beckets...

    David Ilvedson, RPT
    Pacifica, CA 94044

From: "Noah Haverkamp"

I think the prefix "a-" should only be placed before words where another
syllable is required to make the rythm correct.  So:
"16 pins a-pomelled" is good. but "20 beckets a-buckling" adds an extra
syllable. "20 beckets buckling" sounds good.

 With twenty two hobbling hammers
   Twenty one crusty keypins
   Twenty beckets buckling
   Nineteen shanks a-squiggling