CP80 Yamaha portable piano

stuka at mindspring.com stuka at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 23 13:46:08 MST 2007

There is a large latch on either side of the case, the two of which hold the string section and the keys section together.  The two sections are joined at the back of the keys section by a couple of slide-release hinges.  Support the back end of the string section while unlatching the two latches on the sides -- better to have two people to do this -- and slowly pivot the string section back to the vertical position.  The action will be exposed.

Google "CP-70 manual" and you can download a PDF of the owners manual -- it has instructions for assembly and disassembly.