Source for spring stock?

Lorenzo Lacovara Lacovara at msn.com
Sun Dec 23 18:07:09 MST 2007

Gosh Floydd,

I have never heard of that brand of instrument.

I think you have a more difficult issue / problem to address and deal with.

Considering the LABOR involved in accomplishing the necessary repairs, is it
a special instrument? Does it have particularly wonderful characteristics?

It may be that she/he should consider a trade-in to a rebuilder-retailer for
another instrument. On the other hand, if the owner is loaded ($) and is in
love with it, or has personal emotional worth, Your best best may be finding
a source for spring stock (I suspect the right diameter of piano wire will
work just fine) and get one of the spring making tools from Schaff or other
purveyors.

LORENZO LACOVARA

The Piano Exchange
BUY  SELL  TUNING  REPAIRS