Knox Gelatin/Hide Glue

michael riffle\ michaelriffle at verizon.net
Tue Dec 25 06:18:12 MST 2007

MERRY XMAS TO ALL

HELP!! I have to hang a set of hammers,on a CFII. I am in a time crunch. Last night I noticed that I only have about a table spoon of hide glue!! YIKES!!!

Has anyone ever had experience using Knox Gelatin? It is the same stuff but I believe a higher gel strength then supply house hide glue (clear, edible - expensive!). Or a hide glue granule source in or near Tampa, FL ?

I have a lot of PVC-E but I have never used it for hammers and would like to avoid Titebond.

Any and all suggestion appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Riffle
michaelriffle at verizon.net