Knox Gelatin/Hide Glue

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 12:02:24 MST 2007

On Dec 25, 2007 10:19 AM, Steven Sandstrom <sandstromsw at hotmail.com> wrote:

>    Titebond works great too. That is all some of use.
>
>  Steve Sandstrom

I have been using the Titebond Trim & Molding glue for the last few sets of
hammers I've done, that's what Pianotek is using when they prehang them. It
has the consistency of whipped cream, the working time is shorter than
regular titebond, about 5 to 8 minutes depending on how much play you leave
in your boring, in fact a little larger bore works better with it. The gap
filling properies are wonderful, if you find some are a little crooked or
angled wrong the glue softens with a heat gun for adjustment. I've found it
at most home centers.

Mike
--
People who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those of us who are
doing it.
email mike at ifixpianos.com