piano playing

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 26 10:16:06 MST 2007

First of all, I hope everyone had a great Christmas or however it's pronounced in Hawaii.  I heard this on a Bing Crosby Christmas songs on a movie of all places, not one of his, but another.

Thanks as well to the replies about tuning on Christmas.  I'm always curious how everyone is doing in their businesses and what they've encountered.

Now about piano playing.  I've been playing for years, but not the jazz style.  I'm not sure what I play, a combination of blues jazz maybe, but I need to learn and fine tune my jazz playing to enable me the ability to play in restaurant settings etc.  So how does one play a melody on the left hand?  I read this on a jazz players website, Scott is his first name.  I know bass is played on the left hand, but how does one play melody?  I play by ear as well.

Have a great day everyone.
Marshall