Clicking Keys in Cable Nelson spinet

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu Dec 27 07:07:53 MST 2007

Greetings,

          On a used Cable Nelson spinet, the upper treble keys click. Upon
investigation, it seems to be coming from the rear of the keysticks. I found a
white powdery substance on the screws that are in the ends of the keys.  I
think the prevoius tech sprayed teflon on them. I dislike using teflon, Is there
any other remedy? The small rubber grommets/washers, where the adjusting
threaded rods are, are not dried out. What to do?

Thanks in advance,
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA