Zither tuning

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri Dec 28 10:44:04 MST 2007

I vaguely recall tuning a Zither many years ago, but it was a bit old and
beat-up.  In more recent times, I was asked by a piano customer to tune her
Autoharp. She had the instructions, and the little lever, intended for
self-tuning by the owner.  I have to say, I think the average owner would
find it EXTREMELY difficult to achieve a decent tuning on an Autoharp, that
model anyway.  I found manipulating the lever very difficult, calling for
great reserves of precision control along with strength.

Best,

David.