Oscar Peterson

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Dec 29 16:15:56 MST 2007

Hi Duaine

Ok... since I for one actually draw some measure of humorous moments
from your pandoric paranoia preponderments relative to Microsoft, and
because of the rather interesting list of artists below.... you can
consider yourself redeemed for my part :)

A bit odd tho that you can dig some of the below and have trouble with
Oscar.  I mean... bop was rather easy to follow.... its not like it we
were talking about free bag or anything.  Try Ornette Coleman on for
size :)  Or perhaps some of Don Pullan and George Adams stuff...

Cheers
RicB

    List,

    First of all, I'm late with this reply because I just got of the
    hospital from infection of the esophagus.

    Now, trying to redeem myself.

    I love - most - forms of music especially what I feel is - true - jazz,
    blues and boogie-woogie that came from the south from the 20's and
    30's -
    Earl Hines, Cab Calloway, Ma Rainey, Ruth Etting, Josephine Baker, Isham
    Jones, Art Tatum, Lionel Hampton, Frankie Trumbauer, Fats Waller, Ben
    Pollack, Ben Selvin, Billy Cotton, Ted Lewis, Sophie Tucker, Bessie
    Smith, Bix Beiderbecke, Cow Cow Davenport, Meade Lux Lewis, Jane Green,
    and Walter Barnes & His Royal Creolians
    -- just to name a few.

    Not to mention my beloved artists from my era - the 70's - ELO, STYX,
    HEAD EAST,  and the like.

    OH, and must not forget about all the ragtime greats

    Ready for the flames again ......