workshop setup

mccleskey112 at bellsouth.net mccleskey112 at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 29 19:35:56 MST 2007

Hi all:

Some time ago I polled the list about starting a piano rental partnership with the dealer that I service for and got some good advice which I appreciate. Thanks to one and all. Now I am seeking advice in setting up a shop for the same dealer. I have my own shop but don't want to move in with them. I think it would be better if they had their own tools and such. They have visited dealerships in Houston and would like to have a complete service shop on the order of the ones in Houston and have asked me to help with the setup. I don't know how far they want to go with this. If they want to do complete rebuilds or just refurbish, but I want to be ready in any case. I've been given a blank slate to work with so give me your suggestions starting with floor space etc. just as if you were starting over. Thanks in advance.
Gerald McCleskey
Shreveport, LA