Ebony finish

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Dec 31 11:54:08 MST 2007

Yes, you could spray on the rustolium, Gary, and I think I'm interpreting Wim properly here (correct me if I'm not), to say that it's not something to be recommended.  The results would be unacceptable by most if not all standards, and (presuming you didn't get any paint where it shouldn't be), it would make the finish aspect of your piano worthless.  Even an old, alligatored, etc. walnut finish beats a quick cover-up spray can finish.

William R. Monroe

  Of course that's for a professional looking finish, You can also go down to the hardware store and buy a couple of can of black Rustolium, and just spray away.

  Willlem (Wim) Blees, RPT
  Piano Tuner/Technician
  Honolulu, HI
  Author of