ATTN: Eudora users

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 19:28:04 MST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 11:15 AM, Annie Grieshop <annie at allthingspiano.com> wrote:

> Heya and Happy New Year's Eve to nearly all,
>
> What kind of cell phone do you use?  My current one is not capable of much
> (but it was free and plays "Oh Canada" for a ringtone, which might make it
> unique in Iowa <g>), so I'm researching what direction to go for the next
> one.
>
> Alan was all excited about his new smartphone a while back, as I recall,
> but
> I don't know what other folks are using and how they compare.  I'd
> certainly
> prefer to have everything in one nice, neat, easy-to-misplace package
> (which
> is why I always ask the clerk at the store to staple the receipt to the
> warranty, so I can lose both at once <g>).
>
> Actually, I've spent the past couple days bringing order to chaos in my
> house, shop, and life.  Now, if I can just keep it that way!  It's lovely
> at
> the moment.
>
> Burgers, beer, and a game of ball -- that's a convention I'd be sure to
> attend!
>
> Annie

Just readin' thru the posts and thought I'd jump in with my 2 cents worth.
I've had 3 cell phones in the last 2 and a half years. An LG 4400, an LG6000
and my pre-Christmas gift to myself, a Motorola Razer(a red one!). US
Cellular is the oldest and most dependable(read has the most towers)in the
area and I started with them cuz my niece was working for them and I knew
she wouldn't steer me wrong. I imagine you'll have to search for the best
provider in your area as for phones I liked my LG but I like my Razer a
little better, it seems to have a little stronger signal capacity. Where the
LG would drop calls it doesn't, I also like the fact it's more compact when
folded, I use the scuba suits from Body Glove as a case, they're neoprene
instead of leather and don't tear or wear as easily. They also provide a
better grip, I find the plastic on those phones makes 'em slippery little
suckers! The case comes with a belt clip(I suppose you could put it on a
purse strap)and it clicks into it then it just takes a little push on a
button on the bottom to release it when it rings. The case is also extra
protection if you drop it, it cushions it some on a hard surface. I also
like the Razers slightly larger keypad, I wear an XXLarge glove so I'm never
impressed with how small the phones are I just want to know if I can manage
to push one button at a time! There are others that you can check e-mail
with, send e-mail with but they can get expensive to buy and cost more for
the e-mail feature monthly and talk about tiny keyboards!
Good hunting!
Mike

--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com