Ronson Bacon felt

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Feb 2 20:59:44 MST 2007

Hey John
  My first name is Dale.
  Yes I can.  When filing any hammer you will reach a  point in the filing
over the top/strike point & the felt will cause the  sandpaper paddle to
resonate/squeak.  This always indicates living  breathing solid fire breathing pay
dirt felt has been struck & the tone  comes up and dances. Richard Davenport
demostrated  this for me 27 years  ago. I'll Never forget it.
  Dale

Can you explain what you mean by "when the  felt begins to squeak"?
Thanks.

John