tech or dealer?

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 02:12:11 MST 2007

Rob, Carlos, thanx for the input. My starting position is not so bad. I am
selfemployed for 15 years and I did my apprenticeship in a shop who sold all
the great brands (Fazioli, Bechstein...) beside of used or rebuild
instruments. I am selfemployed as tech in field service, but sold 2 to 4
pianos each year out of my flat. So, a little bit experience in selling is
given.

The claim is to be a one man company, selling used instruments and 1 or 2
brands new. It will always be a small shop with reduced opening times and I
don´t think that I will get rich with that. But it´s nice to be my own boss
and the starting position is a good one. I have about 1000 customers in my
database, 300 of them probably nominal members. Furthermore, I get 15 month
subvention from the governmental employment agency. I am not shure if it
will work fine, but there is not much to loose and I will have no great
investments to do. Moreover it´s a question of alternatives. I am making my
PhD in psychology and don´t see a perspective to work in that profession on
the long run. I don´t want to run after temporary contracts every year
without knowing what comes next. So I think I will feel good with a little
shop and field service.

Gregor