Cool checking

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 11:09:20 MST 2007

I've seen this kind of buckskin covered hammer tail on this side of
the pond, but I can't recall which manufacturer made it. Could have
been a European piano, but my gut says more likely one of the
"inventive" factories in New York ( such as Haines or Kranich & Bach).
The backcheck may have been felt, like an upright; no buckskin. But I
may be mis-remembering this from some other obscure piano.
Foggily,
Patrick Draine
Billerica, MA