O.T. re: Santa Fe

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Wed Jan 3 00:38:04 MST 2007

Why Does Santa Fe always get misspelled as "Sante Fe"?  I never see "Sante
Barbara," "Sante Cruz," "Sante Maria," or "Sante Claus," but "Sante Fe"
crops up all the time, even here in Colorado, only one state away from New
Mexico.  It's Santa Fe, dammit!  "Sante" doesn't exist in Spanish, nor
even in Portuguese, French, or Italian, that I'm aware of.
	--Annoyed New Mexico native