Fall of The Acoustics?

Philip Jamison mortier9 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 05:55:33 MST 2007

In don't share RicB's fears of an electronic keyboard takeover. We have
electronic violins and saxophones; are these replacing their acoustic
ancestors? True, there are not many harpsichords anymore, but were there
ever? That instrument didn't follow the popularity of the piano into the era
of mass production. We may never return to the 1920s when most middle-class
families posessed an acoustic piano, but the acoustic piano will reamain a
popular instrument for many years to come (albeit with a "made in China"
label)!

Philip Jamison Pianos
West Chester, PA