No subject

Anne Acker a.acker at comcast.net
Wed Jan 3 17:04:04 MST 2007

RicB,

you will only half cover your historical posterior, as the piano's voice will have changed substantially.  better than throwing it away though.

cheers.

AA

Hi Terry

The thing was in remarkable condition.  Considering the state the soundboard was in that kind of surprised me really.  I am replacing it because I will be changing the scale slightly, opting for a bit longer string lengths in the treble section. Besides... to cover my historical fanny among other reasons .... I'm going to reassemble the old panel and bridges, making them look all nice and pretty again and put them in a nice display box so that anyone interested can view the original configuration complete with original scaling details.

But gee... I sure hope the new one will hold up as well as the old one.  For aesthetics I'm leaning towards using solid beech as the original was.  Any thoughts ?

btw... for any one interested.. the soundboard came today from Terry's workshop in the states.  The perimeter is fitted and the longside ribs... a bit of fitting left to do on the bent side... but heres a pic.

Cheers
RicB