electronics replacing pianos?

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 4 08:32:09 MST 2007

    The organist at our wedding 46 years ago explained the difference between electronically reproduced music and "live" music.  He said that certain elements in the acoustic production of tones are lost when passed through a wire.  The ear can tell the difference and in the case of electronics actually producing the note, the ear eventually tires of the sound.
    In a situation where you are actually hearing the sound as its being created by the instrument, your ear never tires.  Depending on the type of music (my comment).  You hear the whole spectrum of sound.  Flame suit zipped.....
    Mike Kurta