electronics replacing pianos?

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Thu Jan 4 13:56:26 MST 2007

Hi Jurgen.

Of course, I agree with you on this.  But I am in the very situation like this : I'm also a composer, and I happen to write pieces played by a subventionned orchestra.  The orchestra is good, no doubt, but the subventionning is short, so the rehearsals are kept down to a minimum.  I am really sorry to say that my home studio demos sound much more musical than the versions quickly and poorly output by the orchestra.  It hurts me to say.  But this is also a facette of the vulgarization.  All the energy is spread among crowds of people, so don't expect much energy per person.  Hurts to say too, but not so long ago, Pierre Boulez was himself personally disposing of HALF the whole budget for music in France.  That is the other side of the coin.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.