elbow job

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 11:08:10 MST 2007

To remove the stubborn bit of plastic left on the center pin, nip it away
with a reduced, mini end-nipper (jpg attached). This tip surfaced on
this list over 10 years ago.

To install the new elbows on the wire, first attach Vise-Grips at the end
of the old elbow and cut the elbow off. I simply screw the new elbow on
up to the V-G. I don't see this being any slower than waiting for a torch
to heat the wire and melt it in, I'd be a little concerned about melting it
in slightly askew (speculating), where screwing it in follows the hole.

No need for an extra appliance and fuel.  Power driving with a drill
is counter productive DAMHIK.
--

Regards,

Jon Page