regulation problem

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 6 21:26:25 MST 2007

1. Dip of 3/4 inch?!?!? Maybe 3/8"+, Yamaha regs say 10 mm
2. Regulate just a few sample keys before felting the whole board. You may have to fudge the factory numbers to make things come out right.
3. Specs for the G1 say 65.5 mm and 12 mm higher for sharps. This may be the biggest source of your troubles...
4. I assume you've regulated parts alignment (especially jacks to knuckles, jack height, etc., before you set blow ... yes?
5. Then regulate rest rail (if there is one), letoff, and drop ...
6. THEN white dip then sharps dip, then take your first look at aftertouch.
7. Lather, rinse, repeat if necessary.
8. Move on to back checks, checking distance, etc.
9. THEN (critical) rep spring tension
10. Check everything, readjust in order as necessary, etc.
11. Move on to Dampers and pedals ...

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15