regulation problem

Jeff Miller ljmiller3 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 6 23:19:55 MST 2007

From: Jeff Miller <ljmiller3 at sbcglobal.net>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:57:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: regulation problem

  I am trying to regulate a Yamaha G1 grand.  (trying being the key word here).  This is my first regulation for pay and boy is it giving me problems.  I have set key height at 45 .5 mm, blow at 47.5 mm, dip using the jaras key dip jig ( I think that would be 3/4 inch).  Anyway, I get ready to check my after touch and nothing!!!  The white keys are bottoming out on the black keys front rail felt.  What in the world am I doing wrong?  Please help.

  Jeff Miller
  Miller Piano Service
  Abilene, TX
  ljmiller3 at sbcglobal.net