Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jan 9 07:13:39 MST 2007

> Do any have a "sense" or knowledge that a piano responds differently to
> different tuners such that if tuner A is followed by tuner B, the piano
> gets unstable until it settles into the style of tuning from the second
> tuner?

Incidentally, I think a large part of the reason for this is
tuners being so willing to accept "freebies". We all leave
different "signature" torque and segment tension differences
in our tunings. I discovered a long time ago that by moving
and re-settling every single string, the resulting tuning is
much more stable.
Ron N