Tuner Switch Stability: was No subject

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Jan 9 09:02:48 MST 2007

Hi Les

I most certainly do have this experience.  Tho I have to say it depends
a bit on the tuners involved.  I generally find that working after a
very experienced and high quality tech is by and large no problem.  But
with less experienced techs, or those with off the wall tuning hammer
techniques then the piano seems to need to <<get used to>> my tuning
style.  This usually never takes more then a couple tunings.

No stats or outright facts here... just my experience.

Cheers
RicB

    Do any have a "sense" or knowledge that a piano responds differently to
    different tuners such that if tuner A is followed by tuner B, the
    piano gets
    unstable until it settles into the style of tuning from the second
    tuner?
    les bartlett