Tripoli

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 11 05:44:50 MST 2007

    Hi Joey:
    As you know, tripoli compound is used with a powered buffing wheel, not
for hand use.  The usual way is to apply the tripoli to the wheel by holding
one end  firmly against the face of the spinning wheel for a second or two
initially,  allowing the wheel to pick up the material.  Be cautious until
you see how it is working on the pieces you are buffing.  Add more if
needed.
    Some (me included) find that adding several wheels together to get one
wide wheel works well.  I use the face of the left side of the stacked
wheels with compound for agressive polishing and the rest of the wheel for
final shine up.  It save changing buffs.  Don't worry about being new at
this, none of us were born with the knowledge, we had to learn it just as
you are doing now.
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Kurta
    Syracuse chapter