electronics replacing pianos

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Sat Jan 13 12:57:31 MST 2007

The top of the line Yamaha Clavinova already achieves all of this. Their
sampling and reproducing technology is simply amazing. It also has built in
microphones that capture the sound of the surrounding environment and
generates appropriate sympathetic strings sounds in response. Just like a
real piano. Sitting side by side with a real piano you would still be able
to easily tell the difference, and I think that will continue to be the
major hurdle, but the lines are definitely blurring.

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles