5'7 Conover anyone?

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 11:46:30 MST 2007

I love the blurb from the "Blue Book", obviously
lifted from a 1920's publication!!! It says everything
I'd like to say about these wondrous instruments,
except: A) They are almost twice as "beefy" in
construction as a  Steinway "M". ( And I like the
tone, better. ) B: The pinblocks, after 70 years, are
almost always very bad and no amount of CA or driving
will, probably, help very much. For that reason,
although in comparison with an unrestored Steinway "M"
$1,900 is conceivably a "steal" ( in a rational world
)  I can usually get these relatively unknown
instruments for $300-$2,000 ( $2,000 being for the
even more impressive, quite astounding, actually,
Model "88" )
     Thump