Hearing Aids and Cell Phones problems

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 15 21:27:10 MST 2007

Right now I remove hearing aid. I have "open" fittings, behind ear, and they
actually knock out some outside noise- a nice thing when I turn them
completely off. I get to cut out a lot of the world.......  But sure would
like a head phone with amplification.  There should be some tiny amplifier
somewhere that doesn't cost a fortune which could be plugged into the darned
thing.   I'm not in too bad shape yet if people speak into their
microphones, but I know the day is coming when I will need some kind of
amplification........  I miss some small bits of conversations, especially
if I am not facing the person directly so i also get visual feedback.  Had
to do a high level tuning last week without my aids, and did ok, so I'm not
DEEF, but certainly am a tad paranoid, since everything I do (choral music
as well as pianos) depends on hearing.......

I'm guessing you have "in the ear" thingies.....  I'll stay away from those
as long as possible. I really like what I've got at present.  Thought to buy
a back up set because these things are so often in repair shop in this
sweaty climate, and learned quickly why many people learn to hate hearing
aids. So, one will go to shop, and I'll hear with one, in the future when
breakage occurs.
thanks
les

   _____