Another Tough Tuning Environment (2 tuners in same room)

Jim Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 16 09:26:32 MST 2007

That reminds me of an experience I had a number of years ago tuning college
practice room pianos.  I finished a tuning at the same time that my
assistant finished his and we had one piano left to do.  We were both tired
and neither one of wanted to do it, so we compromised.   I tuned the
temperment, then I tuned to the top of the piano while he tuned to the
bottom, getting the piano done in half the time.  We are both aural tuners
so you can imagine the challenge.  It was actually fun and the piano turned
out to be very well tuned.  However, once is enough--I've never repeated the
exercise.