comparison

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 16 22:07:02 MST 2007

Hi, Dave.

I vote for the C5, primarily because of its length advantage. I take
care of several of these, and they are a very well balanced piano. Their
bass is very good, definitely in the serious category, and the size is
just right, i.e. about as big as you can fit into an average home living
room without overpowering the space both physically and acoustically.
(Note the several qualifiers and assumptions!). I am assuming the RX2's
bass is good for a 5'10 piano, but unless it is strikingly spectacular,
it won't be able to compete. I'm also assuming the C5 is made for the
US, not imported used.