comparison

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Jan 17 10:13:15 MST 2007

Hi Dale

I share your view about Kawaii sound compared to Yamaha in general.
I've always prefered the deeper bass and increased clarity in the more
successfull Kawaii models through the years.

Cheers
RicB

    I happen to enjoy the sound of the  Kawai Rx series.  Go for Rx-3 &
    call it a
    day. To my ear the Kawai is a  more complex & dark sound than the Yamah
    product.  I can extract a  lot of tonal  shades from the Kawai.
    Yamaha in general
    are more one  dimensional tonally.  That's not to say I'm not a fan
    of Yamaha
    but I'm not  fond of the C-5's I've serviced.
      However bigger in most cases is better.  That's my  final answer
    JMO
      Dale