Ball Ends was Tuning Lever for a Beginner

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 17 13:05:20 MST 2007

Me.
My first ball end was a Saucier Wander Wand. Liked it except it's a little to light and flexy for me.
I now use the ball end Jahn extension (Pianotek sells 'em). They aren't cheap but I love the heft and the secure, solid feel of it. It has a relatively small "ball" so I can use the gear-shift grip or the traditional spread-finger push-pull for (as Liz Baker named it) "jiggle, jerk, and bang" tuning. Also, the long, non-conical threading of tips and reversible heads is just great.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15