Spinet False Beats

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 19 07:42:33 MST 2007

Is this to suggest that a Wurly spinet has any more tendency toward false beats than other notables such as Gulbranson, Winter, Grand, Kimball, etc., etc., etc.?

For that matter, new Yamaha C3s. I service 16 of these things on cruise ships - seven on one boat are about four years old and nine on another boat are just one year old. The high treble sections are all but untunable on all these pianos. Lots of false beats and general trash-can-lid sounds. I find it rather frustrating and disappointing. Thoughts?

Terry Farrell